Iranian students protest outside French embassy
Tehran: A group of Iranian university students staged a protest in front of the French embassy in Tehran Thursday over the publication of Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons in a French magazine, Xinhua reported.
The French weekly Charlie Hebdo published naked cartoons of Prophet Mohammad Wednesday.
The protesters raised slogans against the US, Israel and France to express their abhorrence toward the "blasphemous" move, reported Press TV.
The publication of the cartoons followed the online release of a movie produced in the US last week which led to the violent protests against the US in the Muslim world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble