Iranian students protest outside French embassy
Tehran: A group of Iranian university students staged a protest in front of the French embassy in Tehran Thursday over the publication of Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons in a French magazine, Xinhua reported.
The French weekly Charlie Hebdo published naked cartoons of Prophet Mohammad Wednesday.
The protesters raised slogans against the US, Israel and France to express their abhorrence toward the "blasphemous" move, reported Press TV.
The publication of the cartoons followed the online release of a movie produced in the US last week which led to the violent protests against the US in the Muslim world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to kickstart shooting for 'Veere Di Wedding'! Deets inside
- 'Mohenjo Daro' crosses Rs 100 crore-mark worldwide
- Government can't expect RBI to do everything for growth: Bank of Baroda chief
- Banned URLs: Here is the full list of the blocked websites
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'