Iraq: ‘Roadside bomb kills 3 soldiers’
Baghdad: A roadside bombing in northern Iraq has killed three soldiers, officials said on Saturday.
Two security officials say the bomb exploded at noon today, hitting an Iraqi army patrol in Badoush.
The town is about 20 kilometres northwest of Mosul, Iraq`s third-largest city and a former al Qaeda stronghold.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
The level of violence has dropped dramatically in Iraq, although deadly attacks on security forces and civilians are still common.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir