Iraq: ‘Roadside bomb kills 3 soldiers’
Baghdad: A roadside bombing in northern Iraq has killed three soldiers, officials said on Saturday.
Two security officials say the bomb exploded at noon today, hitting an Iraqi army patrol in Badoush.
The town is about 20 kilometres northwest of Mosul, Iraq`s third-largest city and a former al Qaeda stronghold.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
The level of violence has dropped dramatically in Iraq, although deadly attacks on security forces and civilians are still common.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar