Iraqi kidnappers set to release Turkish hostages: Ankara
Ankara: Islamist militants who kidnapped 49 Turks at a Turkish consulate in northern Iraq in June will likely free them in the next day or two, Turkey`s Defence Minister Ismet Yilmaz said Saturday.
"We are pursuing contacts with all parties in Iraq. They (the hostages) may come back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow," Yilmaz said, quoted by the Dogan news agency.
Fighters from the jihadist group the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) -- later renamed Islamic State -- kidnapped 49 Turks, including diplomats and children, from the Turkish consulate in Mosul on June 12 as they captured swathes of northern Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday