Islamist site threatens strike `at heart of Berlin`
Dubai: A statement posted on Thursday on an Islamist
website used by al Qaeda threatened a strike at the "heart of
Berlin" unless Germany releases a jailed female militant.
"This is a special message to the old lady of Germany
(Chancellor Angela) Merkel... you should learn from what
happened in France," said the unsigned statement on one of the
group`s main sites.
"Immediately release Um Seif Al-Islam Al-Ansariya before
another Mohammed Merah strikes at the heart of Berlin," it
added, reference to the gunman who murdered seven people in
Toulouse, France in March.
Al Qaeda`s north Africa branch, al Qaeda in the Islamic
Maghreb (AQIM), says it is holding German engineer Edgar
Raupach, kidnapped in Kano, Nigeria in January.
It wants to exchange him for Felis Lowitz, whose Muslim
name was given as Um Seif Al-Islam Al-Ansariya.
"Many Muslims have heard about what you have done to Um
Seif...you tore off her veil and tore off her clothes," said
the statement, the first posting on Shamukh al-Islam website
since it went offline, along with several other jihadist
sites, more than a week ago.
Nigerian authorities have detained five men, including a
Mauritanian, believed to be linked to the January kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why