‘Israel killed 5 Iranian scientists’
New York: A new book penned by two Israeli journalists has alleged that Israel`s deadly Mossad intelligence agency carried out the assassinations of five Iranian nuclear scientists.
The book `Spies Against Armageddon: Inside Israel`s Secret Wars`, has now become a rage among Iran`s top political echelon.
It has set off a buzz among both government and opposition news media inside Iran for the assertion by its authors Yossi Melman, widely regarded as a leading Israeli military and intelligence journalist, and Dan Raviv, a CBS national political correspondent that five Iranian nuclear scientists killed in the past five years were all assassinated by operatives, most likely of Persian Jewish heritage, employed by Mossad, Israel`s intelligence agency, The New York Times said.
Till date, Israel has neither confirmed nor denied it is responsible for the assassinations.
The book offers a broad overview of a widely reported Israeli campaign to sabotage Iran`s nuclear programme, which Israeli authorities contend is a guise for developing nuclear weapons, an accusation the Iranians strenuously deny, the report said.
But the book`s assertion that the assassins were all Mossad agents who used agency safe houses maintained inside Iran since the era of the shah is new.
Iran`s state-financed Press TV focused in a Persian-language article on the book`s assertion that a Mossad unit known as Kidon meaning Tip of the Spear in Hebrew, and responsible for assassinations and kidnapping sent operatives to Tehran to carry out the assassinations over the past five years, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’