Israeli PM Netanyahu says Iran `closer to bomb` red line
Washington: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Iran is getting `closer and closer to the bomb`, adding that he would not wait for too long in deciding whether to wage an attack on the nation aggressively pursuing nuclear capabilities.
He said that Iran was edging up to the red line, but haven`t crossed it yet.
Netanyahu, during an interview on `Face the Nation,` said that Iran was also building faster centrifuges that would enable them to jump the line within a few weeks.
According to CBS News, Netanyahu said Iran`s new president, Hassan Rohani, has criticized his predecessor, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, for being `a wolf in wolf`s clothing`.
However, Netanyahu said that Rohani`s strategy, though, is to `be a wolf in sheep`s clothing, smile and build a bomb`.
The Israeli PM said that on the part of the United States, it`s important to stand by the administration`s insistence that it won`t tolerate a nuclear Iran, but also to make clear that military force `is truly on the table,` the report said.
He said that Iran was building intercontinental ballistic missiles to reach the American mainland within a few years, adding that it did not need these missiles to reach Israel as they already had them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!