Israeli PM Netanyahu says Iran `closer to bomb` red line
Washington: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Iran is getting `closer and closer to the bomb`, adding that he would not wait for too long in deciding whether to wage an attack on the nation aggressively pursuing nuclear capabilities.
He said that Iran was edging up to the red line, but haven`t crossed it yet.
Netanyahu, during an interview on `Face the Nation,` said that Iran was also building faster centrifuges that would enable them to jump the line within a few weeks.
According to CBS News, Netanyahu said Iran`s new president, Hassan Rohani, has criticized his predecessor, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, for being `a wolf in wolf`s clothing`.
However, Netanyahu said that Rohani`s strategy, though, is to `be a wolf in sheep`s clothing, smile and build a bomb`.
The Israeli PM said that on the part of the United States, it`s important to stand by the administration`s insistence that it won`t tolerate a nuclear Iran, but also to make clear that military force `is truly on the table,` the report said.
He said that Iran was building intercontinental ballistic missiles to reach the American mainland within a few years, adding that it did not need these missiles to reach Israel as they already had them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested