Israeli PM says will destroy Gaza terror tunnels with or without truce
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Gaza City: Even as Israel drew furious condemnation over its shelling of a UN school in Gaza that killed more than a dozen of innocents, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday reiterated his resolve of continuing the mission of destroying tunnels used by Hamas, irrespective of a ceasefire, reports said.
Speaking at the beginning of a a cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said, "Until now, we have destroyed dozens of terror tunnels and we are determined to finish this mission -- with or without a ceasefire”.
Israel has repeated time and again that Hamas uses these tunnels to infiltrate into and plan attacks on Israel.
Israeli Army said that it destroyed a Hamas attack tunnel hidden under a mosque in southern Gaza yesterday.
WATCH: Walk-through of a Gazan Mosque complete with a weapons cache and two tunnel openings under the prayer room. http://t.co/bBiKevpp1s
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) July 31, 2014
The IDF also posted a video on its Twitter account, showing a walk-through of a Gaza mosque which was full of weapons and under the prayer room opened two tunnels.
Israel-Gaza violence, that entered Day 24, continued today with Hamas firing rockets into the Jewish state and the IDF destroying tunnels and launching strikes and shelling on terror targets in Gaza city wher ethe death toll has crossed 1360.
Israel too, has lost 56 of its soldiers and two civilians in the fighting against Hamas.
Israel launched Operation Protective Edge on July 8 to stop Hamas from firing rockets.
After 10 days of strikes, Israeli forces began a ground incursion in Gaza with a motive of destroying terror tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead