Italy: 4 journalists detained in Cuba
Milan: The Italian Foreign Ministry says four journalists have been detained in Cuba.
The journalists work for the Mediaset TV network, the Messaggero Veneto daily and two for the Milan daily Corriere della Sera.
The Messagero Veneto said the journalists had traveled to Cuba to follow up on a double murder, seeking interviews with a Cuban who had been living in Italy and whose sister has been detained in the case. He denied in an interview with the daily any involvement by himself or his sister.
The Messaggero Veneto said on its website today that its correspondent faced a hearing later today. The newspaper said that the four had entered the country with tourist visas and were stopped when because they were working as journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown