Italy convicts Egyptian cleric once kidnapped in CIA rendition of terror charges
Milan: An Egyptian cleric who had been kidnapped in Milan as part of the CIA`s extraordinary rendition program has been convicted of terror charges by an Italian court.
The Milan tribunal on Friday also sentenced Osama Moustafa Hassan Nasr in absentia to six years in prison.
Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, has been in Egypt since resurfacing after his 2003 abduction. Italy was investigating him as a terror suspect when he was abducted as he strolled down a Milan street and was hustled out of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!