Italy convicts Egyptian cleric once kidnapped in CIA rendition of terror charges
Milan: An Egyptian cleric who had been kidnapped in Milan as part of the CIA`s extraordinary rendition program has been convicted of terror charges by an Italian court.
The Milan tribunal on Friday also sentenced Osama Moustafa Hassan Nasr in absentia to six years in prison.
Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, has been in Egypt since resurfacing after his 2003 abduction. Italy was investigating him as a terror suspect when he was abducted as he strolled down a Milan street and was hustled out of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?