Italy government wins confidence vote on austerity
Rome: Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti`s government won a parliamentary confidence vote on its austerity package on Friday.
The Chamber of Deputies approved the 33-billion euro ($43- billion) package of tax rises and spending cuts by 495 votes to 88.
It now moves to the Senate, where it is expected to be approved before Christmas, probably with another confidence vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt