Italy government wins confidence vote on austerity
Rome: Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti`s government won a parliamentary confidence vote on its austerity package on Friday.
The Chamber of Deputies approved the 33-billion euro ($43- billion) package of tax rises and spending cuts by 495 votes to 88.
It now moves to the Senate, where it is expected to be approved before Christmas, probably with another confidence vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj