Italy government wins confidence vote on austerity
Rome: Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti`s government won a parliamentary confidence vote on its austerity package on Friday.
The Chamber of Deputies approved the 33-billion euro ($43- billion) package of tax rises and spending cuts by 495 votes to 88.
It now moves to the Senate, where it is expected to be approved before Christmas, probably with another confidence vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!