`Japan to replace Croatia envoy over scandal`
Tokyo: Japan will replace its ambassador to
Croatia by the end of the year after he became embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal, Japanese reports said.
Ambassador Yoshio Tamura has been accused of touching a
young Croatian woman newly employed by the Japanese embassy in
April 2010 as they were seated in the back seat of a car while
on official business, Japan`s Kyodo News said yesterday.
He has denied the allegation, it said.
Tamura, named ambassador to Croatia in March 2009, is suspected of other inappropriate actions that could be viewed as sexual harassment, reports said.
The foreign ministry decided to replace him after
conducting its own investigation, Jiji Press reported.
Tamura had previously been an official at the finance
ministry and served as deputy environment minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred