`Japan to replace Croatia envoy over scandal`
Tokyo: Japan will replace its ambassador to
Croatia by the end of the year after he became embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal, Japanese reports said.
Ambassador Yoshio Tamura has been accused of touching a
young Croatian woman newly employed by the Japanese embassy in
April 2010 as they were seated in the back seat of a car while
on official business, Japan`s Kyodo News said yesterday.
He has denied the allegation, it said.
Tamura, named ambassador to Croatia in March 2009, is suspected of other inappropriate actions that could be viewed as sexual harassment, reports said.
The foreign ministry decided to replace him after
conducting its own investigation, Jiji Press reported.
Tamura had previously been an official at the finance
ministry and served as deputy environment minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof