Japanese Emperor discharged from hospital
Tokyo: Emperor Akihito was discharged from
University of Tokyo Hospital on Sunday after undergoing heart
bypass surgery and rehabilitation, the Imperial Household
After undergoing surgery for angina on February 18, the
78-year-old emperor went through cardiac rehabilitation
programs, such as stair-walking and using exercise equipment.
His doctors said the emperor needs one week or so of rest
before returning to official duties.
But Imperial Household Agency officials said he strongly
hopes to attend a government-hosted memorial service on March
11 in Tokyo to commemorate the victims of the March 2011
earthquake and tsunami in eastern Japan.
The emperor and the agency will decide on his attendance
after monitoring the progress of his recovery, they said.
After displaying symptoms of minor ischemic charge, the
emperor underwent a diagnostic test in mid-February, which
showed narrowing in some of his coronary arteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog