Japanese Emperor discharged from hospital
Tokyo: Emperor Akihito was discharged from
University of Tokyo Hospital on Sunday after undergoing heart
bypass surgery and rehabilitation, the Imperial Household
After undergoing surgery for angina on February 18, the
78-year-old emperor went through cardiac rehabilitation
programs, such as stair-walking and using exercise equipment.
His doctors said the emperor needs one week or so of rest
before returning to official duties.
But Imperial Household Agency officials said he strongly
hopes to attend a government-hosted memorial service on March
11 in Tokyo to commemorate the victims of the March 2011
earthquake and tsunami in eastern Japan.
The emperor and the agency will decide on his attendance
after monitoring the progress of his recovery, they said.
After displaying symptoms of minor ischemic charge, the
emperor underwent a diagnostic test in mid-February, which
showed narrowing in some of his coronary arteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued