Kate to give birth to royal baby at same hospital as Diana
Zee Media Bureau
London: With just few weeks left for arrival of the first baby of the royal couple, it has been revealed that Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will give birth to the future heir to the British throne at the same hospital where Prince William and his younger brother Harry were born to princess Diana.
The royal baby, expected in mid-July, will be born by natural delivery in the private Lindo Wing of St Mary`s Hospital in Paddington, west London, the BBC reported.
Prince William and Kate Middleton are yet unaware of the sex of their baby, who will be third in line to the throne.
Details about the plans for the birth of the royal baby were released by Prince William’s spokesperson Ed Perkins last Thursday, but were embargoed till today.
The news of the royal baby’s arrival in the world will be announced to the world in the traditional method -- a notice posted on an easel in the forecourt of Buckingham Palace.
William, the Duke of Cambridge, will take paternity leave from his role as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot.
He is expected to be at his wife`s bedside for the birth.
The new royal baby will be born in the private Lindo wing of St Mary`s Hospital in Paddington, central London, where William was born in 1982 and his brother Harry in 1984.
William and Kate want the sex of their baby to be a surprise when it arrives.
"The duke and duchess do not know the sex of their baby and they`ve decided not to find out beforehand," a source said.
Kate said on a public engagement in March that she did not know whether she was carrying a boy or a girl.
If the baby is a girl, it cannot be overtaken in line to the throne by any future younger brothers, following a change in the succession laws hastily agreed by the 16 Commonwealth realms, which include Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
With AFP Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song