Kenyan minister attacked
Nairobi: A cabinet minister was roughed up and three people were killed in an attack by machete-wielding militiamen in Kenya, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place Thursday in the coastal town of Kilifi.
Police said the three men were killed after a mob disrupted a meeting addressed by Fisheries Minister Amason Kingi in Mtwapa in Kilifi county.
The minister`s bodyguards were injured.
Sources tod Xinhua that Kingi, who opposes the Mombasa Republic Council`s call for secession of the coastal region, escaped unhurt after a gang suspected to be from the council disrupted the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan