Kerry urges sacked S Sudan VP Machar to negotiate
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry spoke to sacked South Sudan vice president turned rebel leader Riek Machar on Tuesday and urged him to negotiate with President Salva Kiir, a US official told a news agency.
"He urged him to implement a ceasefire and begin mediated political talks," the official said, after Machar told French radio he was ready to begin talks on halting his country`s mounting conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review