Khalifa orders releasing 103 Egyptian prisoners
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered to release 103 Egyptian prisoners, who were sentenced in different cases.
The president also pledged to settle their financial obligations as a result of enforcing those sentences.
The pardon underlines the UAE president`s keenness to offer the released prisoners an opportunity to start a new life and alleviate suffering of their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees