Khalifa orders releasing 103 Egyptian prisoners
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered to release 103 Egyptian prisoners, who were sentenced in different cases.
The president also pledged to settle their financial obligations as a result of enforcing those sentences.
The pardon underlines the UAE president`s keenness to offer the released prisoners an opportunity to start a new life and alleviate suffering of their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends