Kim Jong-un fell in love with ‘wife’ at music concert
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un fell in love with a woman, who is said to be his wife, while she was giving a performance during a music concert.
North Korea’s state run media has revealed that a ‘mystery woman’ pictured accompanying Kim this month is his wife, Ri Sol-ju.
According to a South Korean media report, Ri could be seen singing on video footage of a performance released by the North in February last year.
A report by the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said Ri was active in the North`s Unhasu Orchestra until last year and had performed for Jong-Un and his father on New Year`s Eve 2010, The Telegraph reports.
“There is a possibility Jong-un chose her as his wife after seeing her at the concert hall,” it quoted a source, as saying.
The paper quoted another source, as saying that after marriage, Ri had undergone a six-month course in duties of a first lady at Kim Il-sung University, the nation`s most prestigious academic institution.
Another report by the Joong Ang Ilbo newpaper described Ri as a former singer who came to the young Kim`s notice during a performance.
It said Jong-un`s father had singled her out as first lady while he was working on his succession plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!