LeT poses threat to India, US, Pak: Burns
LeT threatens India and the US and is equally dangerous for the future of Pakistan where it is "harboured", a top American diplomat has warned.
"Certainly with regard to Pakistan and India we`ve been encouraged by some of the steps that those two countries have taken in recent years to normalise trade, toward visa liberalisation. I think that`s in both of their interests, and we have welcomed it," said Burns, who was recently in India.
On the US ties with Pakistan, he said the relationship "is a very important one but also a very complicated one."
Turning to Saudi Arabia, Burns said that a very important part of the US relationship with Riyadh has been on counter-terrorism issues and about the importance of acting together against violent extremists around the world.
"That`s the concern (about extremist groups) that we`ve continued to try to drive home. It is one that we ought to share not only with India but with Saudi Arabia, with Pakistan, many other governments. "I think we`ve made progress on those issues, certainly in working with some of the Gulf Arabs, but there`s a lot more work that needs to be done," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview