Letter bomb intercepted at Rome tax agency: Report
Rome: A letter bomb sent to a Rome tax
collection office was intercepted on Thursday, a week after a
first bomb exploded, nearly blinding the director who opened
it, Italian media reported.
"Bomb disposal experts were called in after a suspect
package was reported at the Equitalia office," a police
spokesman said. The experts were still examining the package
and had found "dark powder inside," he said.
An Italian far-left group claimed responsibility for
the letter bomb last week that wounded the tax collection
company`s director, following a first foiled attack on the
head of Deutsche Bank.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended