London terror attack trial set for November
London: Two men accused of hacking a British soldier to death on the streets of London last month will stand trial on November 18.
British Muslim converts of Nigerian descent Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, are both charged with the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby at Woolwich in south-east London on May 22.
They spoke only to confirm their names as they appeared at the Old Bailey court in London via video link today from separate rooms at the city`s high-security Belmarsh prison.
They were remanded in custody and will re-appear in court to enter their pleas in the case on September 27.
Lee Rigby was attacked as he returned to base in Woolwich barracks after working at the Tower of London.
An inquest heard the 25-year-old soldier suffered such "extensive and serious" injuries that he had to be identified using his dental records.
Adebolajo and Adebowale are also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to cause others to believe that violence would be used and the former faces further charges for the attempted murder of two police officers.
He appeared to still have his left arm in a bandage after being shot by armed officers at the scene of crime.
Members of Lee Rigby`s family were in court for the short hearing, which was adjourned until September.
Sobs could be heard in court as Justice Sweeney announced the trial date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire