Lord Swraj Paul praises handling of cyclone, to contribute Rs 25 lakh
Beaconsfield (England): Lord Swraj Paul today praised the Indian authorities for their superb handling of Cyclone Phailin and announced a contribution of Rs 25 lakhs for relief and rehabilitation of the affected people.
"The efforts of the state and central authorities, including the defence forces, to limit the casualties was truly amazing. I saw their work with pride and admiration on TV channels," the NRI industrialist said in a statement from his country residence here.
Lord Paul said that he would be sending a contribution of Rs 25 lakhs for those affected by the cyclone.
The cyclone, which packed 220 kmph at landfall yesterday in Odisha, weakened this morning and was moving northwards and will settle into a deep depression by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises