`Majority of Israelis back US-led attack on Iran`
Jerusalem: A recent poll carried out by an Israeli newspaper revealed that most Israelis are supportive of a strike on Iran if it is led by the United States.
The poll result published on Sunday by The Jerusalem Post daily showed that 72 percent of 500 respondents support the US-led attack, while only 14 percent of respondents oppose it.
However, 45 percent said they would support an Israeli unilateral attack on Iran and 40 percent said they would not.
The poll also showed that most respondents supportive of a US-led strike on Iran identify themselves as right wing and Jewish religious and are over 50 years old.
The survey also revealed that 24 percent of respondents view US President Barack Obama as pro-Israeli, while another 24 percent view him as pro-Palestinian. A total of 30 percent of respondents think Obama has a neutral position.
Another survey conducted in February to tackle Israeli public opinion about a possible Israeli air strike on Iran showed that only 19 percent of the population would support a solo attack, while the majority would prefer hitting Tehran with the support of the United States.
According to the poll, conducted by the Dahaf Institute, 38 percent of Israelis believed that the United States would support Israel diplomatically, while 28 percent were sure that the United States would follow Israel even if the latter struck Iran without its consent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'