Mali army arrests two men with explosives near Gao
Gao (Mali): A Malian military spokesman says soldiers on Saturday arrested two men who tried to blow themselves up on the outskirts of Gao.
Modibo Traore said that the pair were wearing belts of explosives and were stopped at a checkpoint on a road leading into town at about 7 am (local time).
The arrests come just a day after another young man detonated an explosives belt in Gao, killing only himself.
The attacks have raised fears of a looming insurgency by the radical extremists who fled into the surrounding desert two weeks ago after a French-led military mission forced them to flee the cities of northern Mali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown