Man attacks three children in Tokyo stabbing spree
Tokyo: A suspected knife man who attacked three elementary school children in broad daylight on a Tokyo street was being held by police on Friday after a rare incidence of violence in low-crime Japan, reports said.
The three children, two six years old and one seven years old, received cuts during the attack outside their school in the northwest of the capital around 2:00 pm (0500 GMT), Japan`s public broadcaster NHK said.
The channel said a managed around 30 had been seen running away after the incident.
None of the victims were seriously hurt, the broadcaster said.
Japan has one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the developed world, and random attacks involving weapons of any kind are highly unusual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price