Man attacks three children in Tokyo stabbing spree
Tokyo: A suspected knife man who attacked three elementary school children in broad daylight on a Tokyo street was being held by police on Friday after a rare incidence of violence in low-crime Japan, reports said.
The three children, two six years old and one seven years old, received cuts during the attack outside their school in the northwest of the capital around 2:00 pm (0500 GMT), Japan`s public broadcaster NHK said.
The channel said a managed around 30 had been seen running away after the incident.
None of the victims were seriously hurt, the broadcaster said.
Japan has one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the developed world, and random attacks involving weapons of any kind are highly unusual.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore