Man attacks three children in Tokyo stabbing spree
Tokyo: A suspected knife man who attacked three elementary school children in broad daylight on a Tokyo street was being held by police on Friday after a rare incidence of violence in low-crime Japan, reports said.
The three children, two six years old and one seven years old, received cuts during the attack outside their school in the northwest of the capital around 2:00 pm (0500 GMT), Japan`s public broadcaster NHK said.
The channel said a managed around 30 had been seen running away after the incident.
None of the victims were seriously hurt, the broadcaster said.
Japan has one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the developed world, and random attacks involving weapons of any kind are highly unusual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi