Margaret Thatcher undergoes tumour removal surgery
London: Margaret Thatcher, Britain`s only woman prime minister, is recovering from an operation to remove a tumour from her bladder, an official said.
The 87-year-old former prime minister had spent Christmas in hospital following the surgery, The Sun reported.
"She is going to convalesce privately," her spokesman was quoted as saying.
Tests will now be carried out to discover whether the tumour was aggressive or superficial.
Her 59-year-old daughter Carol has been visiting Thatcher in the undisclosed London hospital.
Thatcher - dubbed the "Iron Lady" - has only made a handful of public appearances over the past few years. She was too ill to join Queen Elizabeth for a lunch for former prime ministers during the queen`s diamond jubilee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’