Meredith Kercher murder case: Amanda Knox vows to clear name
London: American citizen Amanda Knox has vowed to clear her name once again in Brit national Meredith Kercher`s murder case after Italy`s highest court took the surprise decision to overturn her acquittal and order a new trial in the case.
Knox, describing, the ruling as painful said the suggestion that she played a role in her British flat mate`s death was completely unfounded and unfair, the Telegraph reports.
The Seattle-born student and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, who were convicted of killing in Kercher, a 21-year-old Leeds University student by stabbing to death during a sex game gone wrong at the house she shared with Knox in Perugia.
However, both Knox and Sollecito, 29, were acquitted of her murder two years later after an appeal court raised doubts over the DNA evidence and their alleged motive for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’