Moderate quake hits southwestern Japan
Tokyo: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake hit Japan`s southwestern islands on day, but there was no tsunami warning or immediate reports of damage, officials said.
The quake hit at 0652 IST in Kagoshima prefecture, some 1,300 kilometres from Tokyo, at a depth of 28 kilometres, according to the US Geological Survey.
There was no danger of a tsunami resulting from the quake, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 3
- Start-ups now need only a DIPP certificate for IPR benefits
- Turmeric compound may play pivotal role in treating colon cancer
- IT industry must skill workforce to hold position globally: NASSCOM
- BJP demands probe into role of National Conference in Kashmir unrest