Moderate quake hits southwestern Japan
Tokyo: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake hit Japan`s southwestern islands on day, but there was no tsunami warning or immediate reports of damage, officials said.
The quake hit at 0652 IST in Kagoshima prefecture, some 1,300 kilometres from Tokyo, at a depth of 28 kilometres, according to the US Geological Survey.
There was no danger of a tsunami resulting from the quake, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!