Moderate quake hits southwestern Japan
Tokyo: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake hit Japan`s southwestern islands on day, but there was no tsunami warning or immediate reports of damage, officials said.
The quake hit at 0652 IST in Kagoshima prefecture, some 1,300 kilometres from Tokyo, at a depth of 28 kilometres, according to the US Geological Survey.
There was no danger of a tsunami resulting from the quake, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city