Most advanced Sukhoi jet to be unveiled in Paris
Moscow: Russia will unveil its most advanced aircraft, the Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker fighter jet and the Ka-52 Alligator helicopter gunship, at the Paris air show in June.
United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) spokesman Boris Krylov said the company will also display the Yak-130 Mitten combat jet trainer.
The Su-35 multirole fighter, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high manoeuverability and the capability to engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology".
The Russian Air Force is due to receive 50 Su-35s by 2015, according to various reports.
The Ka-52 is a modification of the basic Ka-50 Hokum model. It is armed with a 30-mm cannon, Vikhr (Whirlwind) laser guided missiles, rockets and bombs. The helicopter is also equipped with two radars, one for ground targets and another for aerial targets, as well as a Samshite nighttime-daytime thermal sighting system.
It has a maximum speed of 350 km per hour, a flight ceiling of 5,500 metres, and a range of over 1,000 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples