Most advanced Sukhoi jet to be unveiled in Paris
Moscow: Russia will unveil its most advanced aircraft, the Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker fighter jet and the Ka-52 Alligator helicopter gunship, at the Paris air show in June.
United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) spokesman Boris Krylov said the company will also display the Yak-130 Mitten combat jet trainer.
The Su-35 multirole fighter, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high manoeuverability and the capability to engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology".
The Russian Air Force is due to receive 50 Su-35s by 2015, according to various reports.
The Ka-52 is a modification of the basic Ka-50 Hokum model. It is armed with a 30-mm cannon, Vikhr (Whirlwind) laser guided missiles, rockets and bombs. The helicopter is also equipped with two radars, one for ground targets and another for aerial targets, as well as a Samshite nighttime-daytime thermal sighting system.
It has a maximum speed of 350 km per hour, a flight ceiling of 5,500 metres, and a range of over 1,000 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi
- Assam tribal bodies against grant of ST status to 6 communities