Mubarak taken to military hospital for CT scan after fall
Cairo: Egypt`s ousted president Hosni Mubarak was briefly transferred to a military hospital for an X- ray of his injured head, nearly a week after he slipped in a prison shower, the state media reported on Thursday.
"Former President Hosni Mubarak was returned to Tora prison hospital after undergoing a computerised tomography (CT) scan in Al-Maadi Military Hospital," the state-run MENA news agency reported.
Mubarak was moved to the hospital yesterday as there was no CT scanning device in Tora jail where 84-year-old Mubarak is serving a life-sentence term.
Mubarak fell in the Tora prison bathroom on Saturday injuring his head and chest.
Deputy interior minister Gen Mohammed Ibrahim said Mubarak was returned to prison on Wednesday after an X-ray.
Mubarak is serving a life sentence for failing to stop the killing of protesters in last year`s uprising against his despotic rule for nearly 30 years. He is the first Arab president to serve a prison sentence.
He was overthrown in February 2011 after weeks of mass unrest in which nearly 900 people died and more than 6,000 were injured.
Earlier this month, police in Spain said they had seized assets linked to the former leader worth some 28m euros (USD 34 million).
They took action after Egypt`s new authorities made a request to block the assets of 130 people associated with his rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets