Mussolini’s granddaughter runs for Italy Parliament
Rome: A granddaughter of Benito Mussolini is running for Italy`s Parliament and defending the late fascist leader much like Silvio Berlusconi recently did.
Edda Negri Mussolini said in comments in Corriere della Sera today she is running on a ticket headed by Gianfranco Fini, a former neofascist ally of Berlusconi who is now a moderate backing Premier Mario Monti in February elections.
Negri Mussolini says she is proud of her grandfather for his doing "many good things," including cleaning up malaria-plagued swamps near Rome.
But she denounced as "monstrous errors" her grandfather`s anti-Jewish laws, dictatorship and violence.
Berlusconi on Sunday provoked outrage when, attending a Holocaust commemoration, he said Benito Mussolini did much good despite the crackdown on Italy`s Jews.
Another granddaughter of the dictator, Alessandra Mussolini, already serves in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises