Mussolini’s granddaughter runs for Italy Parliament
Rome: A granddaughter of Benito Mussolini is running for Italy`s Parliament and defending the late fascist leader much like Silvio Berlusconi recently did.
Edda Negri Mussolini said in comments in Corriere della Sera today she is running on a ticket headed by Gianfranco Fini, a former neofascist ally of Berlusconi who is now a moderate backing Premier Mario Monti in February elections.
Negri Mussolini says she is proud of her grandfather for his doing "many good things," including cleaning up malaria-plagued swamps near Rome.
But she denounced as "monstrous errors" her grandfather`s anti-Jewish laws, dictatorship and violence.
Berlusconi on Sunday provoked outrage when, attending a Holocaust commemoration, he said Benito Mussolini did much good despite the crackdown on Italy`s Jews.
Another granddaughter of the dictator, Alessandra Mussolini, already serves in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj