Mussolini’s granddaughter runs for Italy Parliament
Rome: A granddaughter of Benito Mussolini is running for Italy`s Parliament and defending the late fascist leader much like Silvio Berlusconi recently did.
Edda Negri Mussolini said in comments in Corriere della Sera today she is running on a ticket headed by Gianfranco Fini, a former neofascist ally of Berlusconi who is now a moderate backing Premier Mario Monti in February elections.
Negri Mussolini says she is proud of her grandfather for his doing "many good things," including cleaning up malaria-plagued swamps near Rome.
But she denounced as "monstrous errors" her grandfather`s anti-Jewish laws, dictatorship and violence.
Berlusconi on Sunday provoked outrage when, attending a Holocaust commemoration, he said Benito Mussolini did much good despite the crackdown on Italy`s Jews.
Another granddaughter of the dictator, Alessandra Mussolini, already serves in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali