Mussolini’s granddaughter runs for Italy Parliament
Rome: A granddaughter of Benito Mussolini is running for Italy`s Parliament and defending the late fascist leader much like Silvio Berlusconi recently did.
Edda Negri Mussolini said in comments in Corriere della Sera today she is running on a ticket headed by Gianfranco Fini, a former neofascist ally of Berlusconi who is now a moderate backing Premier Mario Monti in February elections.
Negri Mussolini says she is proud of her grandfather for his doing "many good things," including cleaning up malaria-plagued swamps near Rome.
But she denounced as "monstrous errors" her grandfather`s anti-Jewish laws, dictatorship and violence.
Berlusconi on Sunday provoked outrage when, attending a Holocaust commemoration, he said Benito Mussolini did much good despite the crackdown on Italy`s Jews.
Another granddaughter of the dictator, Alessandra Mussolini, already serves in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video