N Korea leader visits unit known for anti-US feats
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has visited a naval unit credited with anti-US feats.
The visit comes as North Korea prepares to launch a long-range rocket later this month despite US warnings. Pyongyang says it is seeking to put a scientific satellite in orbit. Washington says the launch is a test of ballistic missile technology.
The North`s official media said on Friday that the unit visited by leader Kim Jong Un sank the USS Baltimore during the 1950s Korean War. Outside military historians dispute that claim.
The official media also credited the unit with capturing the USS Pueblo in 1968. That ship was seized while on a spying mission off the North`s coast. It is still displayed in Pyongyang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf