N Korea leader visits unit known for anti-US feats
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has visited a naval unit credited with anti-US feats.
The visit comes as North Korea prepares to launch a long-range rocket later this month despite US warnings. Pyongyang says it is seeking to put a scientific satellite in orbit. Washington says the launch is a test of ballistic missile technology.
The North`s official media said on Friday that the unit visited by leader Kim Jong Un sank the USS Baltimore during the 1950s Korean War. Outside military historians dispute that claim.
The official media also credited the unit with capturing the USS Pueblo in 1968. That ship was seized while on a spying mission off the North`s coast. It is still displayed in Pyongyang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'