N Korea leader visits unit known for anti-US feats
Pyongyang: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has visited a naval unit credited with anti-US feats.
The visit comes as North Korea prepares to launch a long-range rocket later this month despite US warnings. Pyongyang says it is seeking to put a scientific satellite in orbit. Washington says the launch is a test of ballistic missile technology.
The North`s official media said on Friday that the unit visited by leader Kim Jong Un sank the USS Baltimore during the 1950s Korean War. Outside military historians dispute that claim.
The official media also credited the unit with capturing the USS Pueblo in 1968. That ship was seized while on a spying mission off the North`s coast. It is still displayed in Pyongyang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured