NATO missiles` deployment to worsen Syrian crisis: Iran
Tehran: Iran has said the deployment of NATO`s Patriot missiles in Turkey near the Syrian border will only aggravate the prevailing Syrian crisis, according to Xinhua.
"This issue will not help the Syrian crisis and will only complicate the situation and make it more difficult," Press TV quoted Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast as saying Friday.
Denouncing any move for militarising the Syrian issue, the spokesperson said it would be better for influential countries to look for political solutions of regional issues.
On Wednesday, Turkey formally requested NATO to deploy the missile defence elements on its border with Syria to boost its air defence systems.
The Turkish government said: "In face of the threats and risks posed to our national security by the ongoing crisis in Syria... it has been decided to formally request from NATO that our national air defence be reinforced with the support of allied air defence elements."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends