Navy stops asylum seekers off Australian coast
Melbourne: Australian Navy Wednesday
intercepted yet another boat carrying 100 suspected asylum seekers north of Christmas Island, a day after a similar vessel was stopped north-west of Ashmore Islands, media reports said.
Outgoing Home Affairs Minister Brendan O`Connor the Navy
was now en-route to the island, where they will undergo
initial security, health and identity checks, the reports
With this, more than 7000 asylum seekers and crew have
arrived in the country since the elections last year.
Yesterday, a vessel carrying 54 persons and four crew
members was stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Johnny Depp opens up on divorce with Amber Heard—Details inside
- Mathura: Women protest power, water cut by climbing atop overhead tank
- Ruckus in Jammu and Kashmir assembly
- More possible MH370 debris found in Mozambique
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,000 Baleno, around 2000 DZire cars starting May 31