Navy stops asylum seekers off Australian coast
Melbourne: Australian Navy Wednesday
intercepted yet another boat carrying 100 suspected asylum seekers north of Christmas Island, a day after a similar vessel was stopped north-west of Ashmore Islands, media reports said.
Outgoing Home Affairs Minister Brendan O`Connor the Navy
was now en-route to the island, where they will undergo
initial security, health and identity checks, the reports
With this, more than 7000 asylum seekers and crew have
arrived in the country since the elections last year.
Yesterday, a vessel carrying 54 persons and four crew
members was stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan