Navy stops asylum seekers off Australian coast
Melbourne: Australian Navy Wednesday
intercepted yet another boat carrying 100 suspected asylum seekers north of Christmas Island, a day after a similar vessel was stopped north-west of Ashmore Islands, media reports said.
Outgoing Home Affairs Minister Brendan O`Connor the Navy
was now en-route to the island, where they will undergo
initial security, health and identity checks, the reports
With this, more than 7000 asylum seekers and crew have
arrived in the country since the elections last year.
Yesterday, a vessel carrying 54 persons and four crew
members was stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH