Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port
Rome: Police in Italy have impounded 176 kg of cocaine in the southern port of Gioia Tauro aboard a container ship from Chile.
The seized cocaine has been estimated at 38 million euros.
The high-quality cocaine was divided into 153 bricks hidden beneath a shipment of logs and was in transit for the northern Italian city of Bologna, police said.
The operation was carried out by tax police from the nearby city of Reggio Calabria, customs officials at Gioia Tauro and anti-fraud police from Rome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police