Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port
Rome: Police in Italy have impounded 176 kg of cocaine in the southern port of Gioia Tauro aboard a container ship from Chile.
The seized cocaine has been estimated at 38 million euros.
The high-quality cocaine was divided into 153 bricks hidden beneath a shipment of logs and was in transit for the northern Italian city of Bologna, police said.
The operation was carried out by tax police from the nearby city of Reggio Calabria, customs officials at Gioia Tauro and anti-fraud police from Rome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor