Nigeria: Boko Haram kill 2 Air Force personnel
Abuja: Suspected members of Nigeria`s radical Islamic sect Boko Haram killed two Air Force personnel and two others in northern city of Kano in Nigeria.
Witnesses said the bike-borne assailants yesterday sprayed bullets on the Air Force personnel in Naibawa suburb of the city and fled the spot immediately.
The gunmen scared away residents of the area by shooting several times into the air. The officers, who were in their car, were trailed by the gunmen.
Later, another district of the city, Hotoro Walawal, witnessed the killing of the two persons.
The victims, according to eyewitnesses, were civilians standing in front of a shop.
Spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force, Lt Ikedichi Iweha confirmed the killings. Kano State police spokesman, Rilwanu Dutse also confirmed the killings.
Boko Haram has killed hundreds of people since 2009 when it declared its intention of installing an Islamic regime in northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam