Nigeria: Boko Haram kill 2 Air Force personnel
Abuja: Suspected members of Nigeria`s radical Islamic sect Boko Haram killed two Air Force personnel and two others in northern city of Kano in Nigeria.
Witnesses said the bike-borne assailants yesterday sprayed bullets on the Air Force personnel in Naibawa suburb of the city and fled the spot immediately.
The gunmen scared away residents of the area by shooting several times into the air. The officers, who were in their car, were trailed by the gunmen.
Later, another district of the city, Hotoro Walawal, witnessed the killing of the two persons.
The victims, according to eyewitnesses, were civilians standing in front of a shop.
Spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force, Lt Ikedichi Iweha confirmed the killings. Kano State police spokesman, Rilwanu Dutse also confirmed the killings.
Boko Haram has killed hundreds of people since 2009 when it declared its intention of installing an Islamic regime in northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'