Nigeria: Boko Haram kill 2 Air Force personnel
Abuja: Suspected members of Nigeria`s radical Islamic sect Boko Haram killed two Air Force personnel and two others in northern city of Kano in Nigeria.
Witnesses said the bike-borne assailants yesterday sprayed bullets on the Air Force personnel in Naibawa suburb of the city and fled the spot immediately.
The gunmen scared away residents of the area by shooting several times into the air. The officers, who were in their car, were trailed by the gunmen.
Later, another district of the city, Hotoro Walawal, witnessed the killing of the two persons.
The victims, according to eyewitnesses, were civilians standing in front of a shop.
Spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force, Lt Ikedichi Iweha confirmed the killings. Kano State police spokesman, Rilwanu Dutse also confirmed the killings.
Boko Haram has killed hundreds of people since 2009 when it declared its intention of installing an Islamic regime in northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion