Nigeria: Boko Haram kill 2 Air Force personnel
Abuja: Suspected members of Nigeria`s radical Islamic sect Boko Haram killed two Air Force personnel and two others in northern city of Kano in Nigeria.
Witnesses said the bike-borne assailants yesterday sprayed bullets on the Air Force personnel in Naibawa suburb of the city and fled the spot immediately.
The gunmen scared away residents of the area by shooting several times into the air. The officers, who were in their car, were trailed by the gunmen.
Later, another district of the city, Hotoro Walawal, witnessed the killing of the two persons.
The victims, according to eyewitnesses, were civilians standing in front of a shop.
Spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force, Lt Ikedichi Iweha confirmed the killings. Kano State police spokesman, Rilwanu Dutse also confirmed the killings.
Boko Haram has killed hundreds of people since 2009 when it declared its intention of installing an Islamic regime in northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency