Nigeria: `Boko Haram kills 2 in gruesome attack`
Maiduguri: Nigeria`s Army says suspected members of a radical Islamist sect killed two people in a gruesome slaying in a besieged city in Nigeria`s northeast.
Spokesman Lt Col Sagir Musa said on Friday the assailants slit their victims` throats late yesterday in Maiduguri where the Boko Haram sect once had its main mosque. The Army says they believe members of the sect carried out the attack.
The slayings come four days after authorities discovered nine bodies in the city with their throats slit.
Boko Haram has carried out a campaign of bombings in its fight against the Nigeria government and public, but knife attacks are uncommon.
The group is held responsible for more than 630 deaths this year alone, according to a news agency’s count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog