Nine miners trapped in Peru may be rescued soon
Lima: Peru`s nine miners, who have been trapped underground for six days, could be freed soon, a minister said.
Minister of Women and Vulnerable Population Ana Jara told a Peruvian television channel that the miners would be rescued soon.
"...the rescue workers are only three or four meters from the trapped men," said Jara Tuesday.
The nine miners have been trapped since last Thursday in Cabeza de Negro, a makeshift copper mine in Yauca del Rosario district in Peru`s Ica region, 303 km south of capital Lima, reported Xinhua.
The miners trapped for the sixth day 200 meters below ground remained in good spirits while waiting with optimism to be rescued, one of the miners said Tuesday.
"We are calm and strong," said miner Roger Pariona Tuesday.
The miners have been communicating with those above ground, and receiving soup and water, through a hose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you