Nine miners trapped in Peru may be rescued soon
Lima: Peru`s nine miners, who have been trapped underground for six days, could be freed soon, a minister said.
Minister of Women and Vulnerable Population Ana Jara told a Peruvian television channel that the miners would be rescued soon.
"...the rescue workers are only three or four meters from the trapped men," said Jara Tuesday.
The nine miners have been trapped since last Thursday in Cabeza de Negro, a makeshift copper mine in Yauca del Rosario district in Peru`s Ica region, 303 km south of capital Lima, reported Xinhua.
The miners trapped for the sixth day 200 meters below ground remained in good spirits while waiting with optimism to be rescued, one of the miners said Tuesday.
"We are calm and strong," said miner Roger Pariona Tuesday.
The miners have been communicating with those above ground, and receiving soup and water, through a hose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs