Nine miners trapped in Peru may be rescued soon
Lima: Peru`s nine miners, who have been trapped underground for six days, could be freed soon, a minister said.
Minister of Women and Vulnerable Population Ana Jara told a Peruvian television channel that the miners would be rescued soon.
"...the rescue workers are only three or four meters from the trapped men," said Jara Tuesday.
The nine miners have been trapped since last Thursday in Cabeza de Negro, a makeshift copper mine in Yauca del Rosario district in Peru`s Ica region, 303 km south of capital Lima, reported Xinhua.
The miners trapped for the sixth day 200 meters below ground remained in good spirits while waiting with optimism to be rescued, one of the miners said Tuesday.
"We are calm and strong," said miner Roger Pariona Tuesday.
The miners have been communicating with those above ground, and receiving soup and water, through a hose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`