Nine miners trapped in Peru may be rescued soon
Lima: Peru`s nine miners, who have been trapped underground for six days, could be freed soon, a minister said.
Minister of Women and Vulnerable Population Ana Jara told a Peruvian television channel that the miners would be rescued soon.
"...the rescue workers are only three or four meters from the trapped men," said Jara Tuesday.
The nine miners have been trapped since last Thursday in Cabeza de Negro, a makeshift copper mine in Yauca del Rosario district in Peru`s Ica region, 303 km south of capital Lima, reported Xinhua.
The miners trapped for the sixth day 200 meters below ground remained in good spirits while waiting with optimism to be rescued, one of the miners said Tuesday.
"We are calm and strong," said miner Roger Pariona Tuesday.
The miners have been communicating with those above ground, and receiving soup and water, through a hose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PE inflows in real estate up 33% at Rs 5,193 crore in January-June
- WATCH: Chandrababu Naidu plays badminton with PV Sindhu on stage during felicitation ceremony
- Bihar CM calls on PM Narendra Modi, apprise him on flood situation in Bihar
- 7th Pay Commission: BSNL retirees seek salary benefits
- Kasi Bennett: Everything you wanted to know about Usain Bolt's girlfriend