No military action against Iran: German FM
Munich: Germany`s foreign minister says Europe is determined to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran but is warning against military action.
Sitting on a panel with US Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Guido Westerwelle said on Saturday the European Union`s recent decision to expand sanctions against Tehran makes "very clear that Europe is not willing to allow for a nuclear armed Iran”.
He says Europe is "convinced a nuclear armed Iran is not only a danger to the security of that region, but is a danger to the whole world”.
But in the wake of reports that Israel may be preparing for military strikes against Iran, Westerwelle said Europe is "warning against escalation”.
He says the European Union`s goal is to avoid a military conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred