No military action against Iran: German FM
Munich: Germany`s foreign minister says Europe is determined to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran but is warning against military action.
Sitting on a panel with US Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Guido Westerwelle said on Saturday the European Union`s recent decision to expand sanctions against Tehran makes "very clear that Europe is not willing to allow for a nuclear armed Iran”.
He says Europe is "convinced a nuclear armed Iran is not only a danger to the security of that region, but is a danger to the whole world”.
But in the wake of reports that Israel may be preparing for military strikes against Iran, Westerwelle said Europe is "warning against escalation”.
He says the European Union`s goal is to avoid a military conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'