`No plans to set up consulate in Gilgit Baltistan`
Beijing: China on Friday said it has no plans to open a consulate in the Gilgit Baltistan region of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.
The Chinese foreign Ministry rejected reports which said Beijing was planning to expand its diplomatic mission in the region.
"Recent reports are not true", Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin told PTI when asked to comment on a media report which said that China had "officially informed" Pakistan through Nur Bekri, the chairman of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region about its plan to open a consulate.
The report had said a Chinese diplomatic presence in Gilgit Baltistan would assist China in identifying Islamic militants intending to infiltrate Xinjiang from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand