`No plans to set up consulate in Gilgit Baltistan`
Beijing: China on Friday said it has no plans to open a consulate in the Gilgit Baltistan region of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.
The Chinese foreign Ministry rejected reports which said Beijing was planning to expand its diplomatic mission in the region.
"Recent reports are not true", Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin told PTI when asked to comment on a media report which said that China had "officially informed" Pakistan through Nur Bekri, the chairman of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region about its plan to open a consulate.
The report had said a Chinese diplomatic presence in Gilgit Baltistan would assist China in identifying Islamic militants intending to infiltrate Xinjiang from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city