‘Nothing will remain of Israel if it acts against Iran nuke`
Washington: A top Iranian military official has warned that his country`s missiles will ensure ‘nothing will remain’ of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran to stop its nuclear programme.
“Our response to Israel is clear: I think nothing will remain of Israel (should it attack Iran),” General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the commander of the Islamic republic`s elite military formation, said.
“Given Israel`s small land area and its vulnerability to a massive volume of Iran`s missiles, I don`t think any spot in Israel will remain safe,” he added.
According to the New York Post, Jafari said Iran`s response to any attack would begin near the Israeli border.
He said he did not believe however that Israel would attack on its own.
Should the US launch a strike, Jafari suggested that Iran could respond with missile salvos at US bases in the Gulf, the report said.
“The US military bases sprawled around Iran are considered a big vulnerability. Even the missile shields that they have set up, based on information we have, could only work for a few missiles but when exposed to a massive volume of missiles, the shields will lose their efficiency and will not work,” the paper quoted him, as saying.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why