‘Nothing will remain of Israel if it acts against Iran nuke`
Washington: A top Iranian military official has warned that his country`s missiles will ensure ‘nothing will remain’ of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran to stop its nuclear programme.
“Our response to Israel is clear: I think nothing will remain of Israel (should it attack Iran),” General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the commander of the Islamic republic`s elite military formation, said.
“Given Israel`s small land area and its vulnerability to a massive volume of Iran`s missiles, I don`t think any spot in Israel will remain safe,” he added.
According to the New York Post, Jafari said Iran`s response to any attack would begin near the Israeli border.
He said he did not believe however that Israel would attack on its own.
Should the US launch a strike, Jafari suggested that Iran could respond with missile salvos at US bases in the Gulf, the report said.
“The US military bases sprawled around Iran are considered a big vulnerability. Even the missile shields that they have set up, based on information we have, could only work for a few missiles but when exposed to a massive volume of missiles, the shields will lose their efficiency and will not work,” the paper quoted him, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list