‘Nothing will remain of Israel if it acts against Iran nuke`
Washington: A top Iranian military official has warned that his country`s missiles will ensure ‘nothing will remain’ of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran to stop its nuclear programme.
“Our response to Israel is clear: I think nothing will remain of Israel (should it attack Iran),” General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the commander of the Islamic republic`s elite military formation, said.
“Given Israel`s small land area and its vulnerability to a massive volume of Iran`s missiles, I don`t think any spot in Israel will remain safe,” he added.
According to the New York Post, Jafari said Iran`s response to any attack would begin near the Israeli border.
He said he did not believe however that Israel would attack on its own.
Should the US launch a strike, Jafari suggested that Iran could respond with missile salvos at US bases in the Gulf, the report said.
“The US military bases sprawled around Iran are considered a big vulnerability. Even the missile shields that they have set up, based on information we have, could only work for a few missiles but when exposed to a massive volume of missiles, the shields will lose their efficiency and will not work,” the paper quoted him, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi