NSA website hit by technical glitch, not hackers
Washington: The website of the US National Security Agency was reportedly down for several hours as a result of an apparent technical glitch and not due to a speculated hack-attack .
The NSA said that its website was not accessible because of an internal error that occurred during a scheduled update, which will be resolved immediately.
The spy agency further clarified that the claims that the outage was caused by a distributed denial of service [DDoS] attack are not true, ABC News reports.
According to the report, the website was down for at least six hours and an agency spokesperson said that the agency`s internal, sensitive network was not compromised and no classified information was at risk.
However, one hacktivist group online claimed that they were responsible for bringing down the NSA site with a sophisticated DDoS attack.
The NSA has been long battling with the allegations of breaching public trust after revelations about the alleged secret surveillance programmes as exposed by whistleblower Edward Snowden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre