Obama leading Romney in Virginia despite debate debacle
Washington: US President Barack Obama has a three-point lead over rival Mitt Romney in Virginia, where the Republican will deliver his foreign policy speech on Monday, a new poll has found.
According to the Public Policy Polling (PPP), after the Denver debate, nearly 50 percent respondents still prefer Obama as compared to 47 percent who prefer Romney.
The poll, however, found that Obama is down from the 51-46 advantage he had three weeks ago, Politico reports.
Romney’s performance in the presidential debate seems to have helped his image improve in Virginia. The respondents think he won the debate by a 61/28 margin, including 71/17 with independents.
But Obama continues to have the critical 50 percent mark support in a state where Romney probably can’t afford to lose, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming