Obama leading Romney in Virginia despite debate debacle
Washington: US President Barack Obama has a three-point lead over rival Mitt Romney in Virginia, where the Republican will deliver his foreign policy speech on Monday, a new poll has found.
According to the Public Policy Polling (PPP), after the Denver debate, nearly 50 percent respondents still prefer Obama as compared to 47 percent who prefer Romney.
The poll, however, found that Obama is down from the 51-46 advantage he had three weeks ago, Politico reports.
Romney’s performance in the presidential debate seems to have helped his image improve in Virginia. The respondents think he won the debate by a 61/28 margin, including 71/17 with independents.
But Obama continues to have the critical 50 percent mark support in a state where Romney probably can’t afford to lose, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL