Obama, Netanyahu discuss Israel-Palestine talks
Washington: US President Barack Obama has
called the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to
discuss the progress in recent Israel-Palestine peace talks as
well as the West`s continuing standoff with Iran over its
As part of their regular communication and cooperation on
bilateral and regional issues, Obama yesterday spoke with
Netanyahu, the White House said, adding that they reviewed
recent meetings between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in
Obama reaffirmed his commitment to the goal of a
comprehensive and lasting peace in the region, it said.
The two leaders also discussed recent Iran-related
developments, including the international community`s efforts
to hold Iran accountable for its failures to meet its
international obligations, the White House said.
Obama reiterated his unshakable commitment to
"The President and the Prime Minister promised to
stay in touch in the coming weeks on these and other issues of
mutual concern," it said.
At a news conference, State Department spokesperson
Victoria Nuland said the US is intensively involved with both
"The President himself spoke to Prime Minister Netanyahu
today as the White House has read out, including on this
subject. So we are doing our best to play our role, to
encourage this effort," she said.
"The Jordanians are obviously playing a vital role. But
what`s most important is that in that room, the parties are
talking to each other. And it`s also frankly a good thing that
they`re talking to each other without having to have all of us
sit with them," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM