Obama, Romney prez debate generates 10 mn tweets
Washington: The first of three presidential debates between US President Barack Obama and Republican contender Mitt Romney has generated a staggering 10.3 million tweets.
That is 10.3 million messages in 140-characters or less sent out over a 1.5-hour period.
The popular social micro blogging website said it is the most tweeted event in recent US political history, beating out any of the 2012 convention speeches, the `ABC News` reported.
Twitter has also released a graph, which shows the most popular moments in the debate, according to the number of tweets per minute, or TPM.
According to the report, beyond the sheer volume of information and humour, there was genuine discussion happening on the social platform.
While some voiced their frustration with a particular candidate, others remarked on the style of the debate, the report said.
As the debate amounted to more than 10 million tweets, each on its own represents the impact of social media on this election: Every one of those tweets gave someone a public voice, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi