Osama bin Laden was not shot dead by Navy SEALs, but killed self
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another account of the final hours of al Qaeda leader’s death, it has now been claimed that US Navy SEALs did not shoot Osama bin Laden dead. Instead, bin Laden blew himself up with a suicide belt to evade capture and to `keep his secrets` until death.
According to the terror leader`s former bodyguard, Nabeel Naeem Abdul Fattah, bin Laden detonated his explosive belt when US Special Forces broke into his compound, killed two of his guards and shot him in the thigh.
Fattah’s claim counters earlier reports of the details of `Operation Geronimo`.
In an interview with Gulf News, Fattah said that he was not at the Abbotabad compound on May 02, 2011 when bin Laden died. His claim is rather based on the account given to him by one of bin Laden’s relatives.
Fattah, who believes that the official story about bin Laden’s burial at sea is `fishy`, accused US President Barack Obama of lying.
“Bin Laden`s body parts were cut into multiple pieces, which is similar to suicide attacks following the bombing so as not to leave any clue to the US forces to identify him.”
He further claimed that the terror leader, who was resolute that he would not `give himself up` to the Americans, had been wearing an explosive belt over the last ten years of his life.
Notably, Fattah, 57, led the Egyptian Islamic Jihad between 1988 and 1992.
There are different accounts of how bin Laden died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP