Paralysed man held for attempting to bomb Beijing airport
Beijing: Chinese police have arrested a wheelchair-bound man, who set off a home made explosive at the Beijing International Airport on July 20 to highlight the brutal beating by security officials that paralysed him.
33-year-old Ji Zhongxing, who was suspected of setting off the explosive at the Beijing airport has been arrested, official media here reported.
The Chaoyang district procuratorate approved Ji`s arrest yesterday, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Ji, the wheelchair-bound man from Shandong province, confessed that he prepared and carried the explosive and leaflets to Terminal 3 of the airport and triggered the explosive device on July 20.
Ji said he did this for personal purposes.
According to the earlier reports the leaflets highlighted the beating he underwent at the hands of local police as motorcycle taxi driver in 2005 which left him paralysed down the waist.
Inquiries by state media later confirmed that he had been petitioning for a number of years seeking justice and compensation for the highhanded action by police.
Some reports said his left hand was amputated due to injuries suffered while exploding the home made explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered