Paul Ryan booed during Obama’s inauguration ceremony
Washington: Republican Paul Ryan faced a chorus of boos as he left the Capitol building to attend President Barack Obama’s second inauguration ceremony.
Ryan had last week announced that he would be present for Obama’s public swearing in at the Capitol, calling it his ‘obligation’.
Ryan was nominated as GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s running mate during the 2012 election cycle, but lost to Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
According to the Huffington Post, he was reelected to his Wisconsin congressional seat in November.
For Ryan, the country is divided between ‘takers’ and ‘makers’.
He generally puts the number of the former at around a third, with the remainder in the producing category.
Ryan has argued that social insurance programs that are central to Western welfare states weaken the citizenry of ambition. Obama took direct aim at that contention on Monday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation