Paul Ryan booed during Obama’s inauguration ceremony
Washington: Republican Paul Ryan faced a chorus of boos as he left the Capitol building to attend President Barack Obama’s second inauguration ceremony.
Ryan had last week announced that he would be present for Obama’s public swearing in at the Capitol, calling it his ‘obligation’.
Ryan was nominated as GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s running mate during the 2012 election cycle, but lost to Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
According to the Huffington Post, he was reelected to his Wisconsin congressional seat in November.
For Ryan, the country is divided between ‘takers’ and ‘makers’.
He generally puts the number of the former at around a third, with the remainder in the producing category.
Ryan has argued that social insurance programs that are central to Western welfare states weaken the citizenry of ambition. Obama took direct aim at that contention on Monday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan