Peru bus plunge kills 50, including 13 children
Lima: A bus has plunged off a cliff into a river southeast of the Peruvian capital of Lima, killing 50 people, including 13 children.
The accident occurred last night after the bus left the provincial capital of Santa Teresa. It fell about 650 feet (200 meters) into the chasm. Authorities said bodies were found as far as 100 metres away from the impact site.
Firefighter Captain David Taboada said no survivors were found. He also said authorities had not determined the cause of the accident.
The high-altitude roads of the Peruvian Andes are notorious for such bus plunges, with poor farmers comprising many of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?