Petraeus hires political attorney to handle extra-marital affair probe
Washington: Former CIA Director General David Petraeus has hired a big-name attorney amid investigations into his extra-marital affair that ensnared his career.
Petraeus signed on with top Washington lawyer Robert Barnett to help him in guiding with the case.
Barnett is known for negotiating book deals for the political elite from President Barack Obama to one-time vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
According to the New York Daily News, Paula Broadwell, who was Petraeus’ lover, had been hiding out at her brother’s home in Washington, D.C. since news of the affair rocked the capital.
On Sunday a grim-faced Broadwell, flanked by her doctor hubby, returned to her home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation