Phone hoax nurse blamed Oz DJs for her death in suicide note
London: The Indian-origin nurse who committed suicide after the royal hoax phone call, left a note telling the two DJs behind the prank that they were responsible for her death, sources close to the family have revealed.
In one of three apparent suicide notes, Jacintha Saldanha wrote a short letter in which she expressed her deep anger at the Australian radio presenters and blamed them for her tragic death, the Daily Mail reported.
Saldanha, 46, was found hanged with a scarf at her accommodation at the King Edward VII’s Hospital in London, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness.
One of the DJs telephoned the hospital back within an hour of the call and spoke to Saldanha again, telling her they had played a prank which they were about to broadcast.
The revelation is believed to have left Saldanha, who had no experience of dealing with the media, feeling confused and agitated.
DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian – who are believed to be at safe addresses following death threats – have apologised for the tragic repercussions of their prank. They pretended to be the Queen and Prince Charles seeking information about the Duchess’s condition.
In another, one-page letter, Saldanha criticised “aspects of the hospital staff,” and singled out two individuals for blame.
Although the hospital has repeatedly said no senior member of staff blamed Saldanha for falling victim to the prank and provided her with support, it is understood she may have been reprimanded by colleagues by email.
Another friend of the family has revealed that Saldanha may have tried to commit suicide more than once in the 72 hours between the prank and the moment her body was discovered by a colleague.
The nurse may have attempted to slash her wrists before she died as a result of hanging herself with a scarf.
“She may have tried to kill herself more than once – that’s why there are three notes,” the friend said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested